CLAT 2018 Notification
CLAT 2018 Official Notification
- Commencement of submission of online application for CLAT 2018: 01 January 2018
- Last date for submission of CLAT 2018 Online application : 31 March 2018
- Date of CLAT 2018 exam 13 May 2018
- Timing: 3:00PM to 5:00PM.
- CLAT Official Website: http://clat.ac.in
CLAT 2018 Pattern
- Courses: The online examination of CLAT will be held for integrated UG law courses.
- Mode of Examination: Exam will be held in online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Questions: Only objective type questions of maximum 200 marks will be asked from each subject areas.
- Exam Duration: The duration of CLAT exam will be 2 hours.
- Question Paper Medium: The language of question paper will be English only.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will be awarded with 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is a system of negative marking. 0.25 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
CLAT 2018 Detailed Syllabus
English including Comprehension:
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency:Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors:Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension:Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths:Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts.
- Mensuration:Areas and Volumes.
- This section will judge your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- These questions will be related to legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
- Such propositions may or may not be true, you have to assume them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some major topics are International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts.
- Reasoning TestsDirection and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic TestsStatements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.