CLAT 2018 Notification
CLAT 2018 Official Notification
- Commencement of submission of online application for CLAT 2018: 01 January 2018
- Last date for submission of CLAT 2018 Online application : 31 March 2018
- Date of CLAT 2018 exam 13 May 2018
- Timing: 3:00PM to 5:00PM.
- CLAT Official Website: http://clat.ac.in
CLAT 2018 Pattern
- Courses: The online examination of CLAT will be held for integrated UG law courses.
- Mode of Examination: Exam will be held in online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Questions: Only objective type questions of maximum 200 marks will be asked from each subject areas.
- Exam Duration: The duration of CLAT exam will be 2 hours.
- Question Paper Medium: The language of question paper will be English only.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will be awarded with 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is a system of negative marking. 0.25 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
CLAT 2018 Detailed Syllabus
English including Comprehension:
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency:Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors:Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension:Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths:Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts.
- Mensuration:Areas and Volumes.
- This section will judge your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- These questions will be related to legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
- Such propositions may or may not be true, you have to assume them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some major topics are International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts.
- Reasoning TestsDirection and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic TestsStatements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.
CLAT Important Dates 2018
NUALS Kochi is to announce important dates of CLAT 2018 in the month of December, most probably. CLAT 2018 important dates will help candidates in knowing events of the common law admission test and their respective dates. TopCLAT will provide you the CLAT important dates. The law aspirants as of now can find an exam calendar of CLAT 2018 with its events and their tentative dates below in the table-
|Exam notification||20 December 2018|
|Application form begins||01 January 2018|
|Application form ends||31 March 2018|
|Issue of admit card||Third week of April, 2018|
|Conduct of online examination||May 13, 2018 (3:00pm to 5:00pm)|
|Provisional Answer Key||Second week of May, 2018|
|Challenge window||Third week of May, 2018|
|Final Answer Key||Fourth week of May, 2018|
|Declaration of result and score card||Last week of May, 2018|
|Counselling and seat allotment||First week of June-First week of July, 2018|
CLAT Colleges and CLAT Cut Off
|Name of Participating NLU||Location||Total No. of Seats||1st Merit List (Closing Marks/ 200)||1st Merit List (Closing Rank)||Last Merit List (Closing Marks/ 200)||Last Merit List (Closing Rank)|
|National Law School of India University (NLSIU)||Bangalore||80||139.5||58||139.5||58|
|National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law||Hyderabad||124||136.5||100||136||108|
|National Law Institute University (NLIU)||Bhopal||128||129||245||125.5||345|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS)||Kolkata||127||130||230||128.5||260|
|National Law University (NLUJ)||Jodhpur||115||126||315||125.25||360|
|Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU)||Raipur||187||126||315||125.25||360|
|Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)||Gandhinagar||187||124||430||121.75||500|
|Dr. Ram ManoharLohiya National Law University (RMLNLU)||Lucknow||178||121.5||575||118.75||750|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL)||Patiala||196||120||695||117.5||925|
|Chanakya National Law University (CNLU)||Patna||140||118.25||810||116||1100|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS)||Kochi||67||120||695||117||980|
|National Law University Odisha (NLUO)||Cuttack||180||118.25||830||115.75||1125|
|National University of Study & Research in Law (NUSRL)||Ranchi||120||118||845||115.5||1150|
|National Law University & Judicial Academy (NLUJAA)||Assam||60||117.75||890||114.5||1280|
|DamodaramSanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU)||Visakhapatnam||120||(-)||668||(-)||1132|
|The TamilNadu National Law School (TNNLS)||Tiruchirappalli||110||117.75||915||114.5||1280|
|Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU)||Mumbai||60||135||160||138||470|
|Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU)||Nagpur||120||(-)||668||(-)||1132||Total||2299|